Friday, July 28, 2006

I need some inspiration

I'm searching for my next big project. I have the multitude of half-sies hanging around, they're all fine for sitting down and working on for an hour or so, but nothing that screams KNIT ME! You know the project, the one you're dreaming about while working, thinking about while driving, the consuming project, the one you can't wait to get the next two inches done on the current stitch so you can move to the next one, the one that makes you crazy...or is it just me? Ah well.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I want to make some form of a summer tank/shell/sweater thing that just makes you go "WOW!" I don't want too much, do I? I've considered Cleo from knitty, but how would that work on a bustless girl? Chicknits chicami the fitted version with thin straps at the end of the pattern, Chicknits Ribby Shell, Knitty's Knitty's honeymoon cami, and on and on. I think I'll probably do Wendy's Sizzle because I liked her last pattern so well, but I don't have any yarn that is working on this to gauge without being too see-through, so I'd have to go shopping. Did anyone ever knit the Knitty Ribbon X-back tank and actually be able to WEAR it? All I ever heard on the knitalongs was that it stretched too big or started out too big, etc. I think a trip to the Studio is in order to go roaming through all the Rebecca magazines and see if anything in there inspires me. For now, I guess it's back to my half-finished first jayhawker sock. If anyone has the perfect project for me please holler!

Dear Lord, I think I need to design my own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...