Thursday, May 12, 2005

Who would've thought getting involved is so involved?

Soap box, soap box, soap box! That dang car is HEAVY! The car and driver in the stock (beginning) levels need to weigh 200 lbs. together. My daughter only weighs around 60 lbs, so that is one HEAVY-ASS CAR to be loading in and out of the back of a pickup truck! We're practicing again tonight and tomorrow and the race is all weekend. I will be one tired momma come Sunday night. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the fact that my daughter has finally found something to get involved with, but I'm a lazy momma and get tired. :) Ah well. Motherhood's tough and I've got lots of good helpers around.

No knit club, I'm TRYING to get back there someday! I did NOT make it to the LYS for dpns last night, so my tempting sweater is still tempting me and waiting not so patiently for its sleeves. I did start up a baby felted groove bar/bag type thing, but not sure how it'll turn out. I've been missing my felting days. MUST FELT SOMETHING.....MUST FELT.....

I should not be allowed to make important decisions when I'm all cuddly and kissin' on a man. Nope, not allowed. SOMEHOW I'm going CAMPING over Memorial Day weekend WITH MY CHILDREN and this guy and HIS CHILDREN and some friends and their children. WTF? I have camped, I can camp, but I am not what you would call a camping lady. I would not pick it out as something I'd do on purpose ESPECIALLY with a new beaux. I still curl my hair for a bike riding date when I know I'll have to put on a helmet anyway. WHAT WAS I THINKING????? Sweating, fishing and minimum electricity? It's a state park, so there'll be plug-ins so Joey can do his nebulizer and shaking vest in the evenings, but I don't think I'll be able to get away with using a hair dryer and hot rollers and not looking out of place. cripes. At least it's just a few days.

I've got my sister-in-law-to-be's bachelorette party Friday night, so I'm driving the kids out to Lake Perry on Saturday. Last night when talking with Jeff, I must have sounded a little timid when I asked if the plan was to stay out there the entire weekend or what the plans were and he said we'd just plan on staying through Sunday for now and we could decide as we go. He said that way if I wanted to run away screaming from him & all the testosterone of the camping men & boys I could do so gracefully. All I know is I'm bringing YARN and BEER. Good combination.

Quote for the day:

Being divorced is like being hit by a Mack truck. If you live through it, you start looking very carefully to the right and to the left.
--humorist/playwright Jean Kerr

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...