Tuesday, April 05, 2005

the Pope, Peace, Religion and all that happy stuff

OK, this is the visual that goes with last night's post. Tell me you don't see it too...



On a more serious note, I drove past the Jewish Community Center and their American and Israel flags were both at half-mast. It really seemed to sum things up that though there are major differences between the Jewish and Catholic belief systems, both religions (and most of the others I've encountered) agree that people should be kind, helpful, thankful and love each other. period. I am trying to raise my children with an understanding that people are different all over the world, and even right here in our own hometown. Different does not mean bad, different does not mean we need to make them conform to our beliefs. Different means they have something to teach us and maybe they'd like to learn about us as well. if they want to.

Off to pick up my daughter from school. I usually end up in the line of cars about 10 minutes early and get a little knitting done while listening to music. I think it's a Violent Femme's day today....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...