Monday, September 12, 2005

sung to the tune of "Jose Cuervo you are a friend of mine"

Well, it's Sunday morning'
and my tummy's gurglin.
I'm full of burrito bowls,
guacamole, beans and rice.
Even sucked down spicy salsa
I can't stop fartin'.
I had too much Chipotle last night.....

Oh Chipotle, you are a friend of mine.
I love your guac and chips made fresh daily with lime.
Ah those burrito bowls, I scarf each and every bite.
You're my friend,
Your'e the best,
Mi amigo........


OK, so my apologies to Shelley West, I had my share of Sunday mornings bleary eyed and woozy from too many Jose Cuervo's and sang the real song (or whatever words I could remember at the time) many many many times.

So, I had a Chipotle disaster. Before this weekend, I hadn't had it for OVER A MONTH. Yes, my true addiction (third only to yarn and chocolate) was denied to me by a bad tummy experience. I ate lunch on the run from work to class and grabbed a hot dog at a Quick Trip wanna-be kind of gas station. It was a bad idea. think Big Bubba Butt germs or something. I think someone must have coughed on them or not washed their hands or something nasty as I wasn't feeling all that great. I never knew there was a Chipotle right around the corner from Borders, saw one, HAD to eat there, (remember I wasn't able to make it more than 2 days without filling up my salsa jones then) so I ate my regular BIG ASS chicken burrito bowl with guacamole, chips and diet coke. mmmmmm. BUT the bad lunch and spicy dinner combo ended with me barfing for most of the night. Then, just like Pavlov's dogs (remember psychology 101? the dogs drooled when they heard the bell ring from repetition and association or something like that?) well each time I smelled Chipotle, I wanted to hurl. OH MY HOLY HELL. It was horrible. I was greatly saddened. No, I really DON'T have a life that this stuff affects me so deeply. You should know that by now. ANYWAY, for the first time in a month and a half, Chipotle smelled ok. I walked in, tentatively ate a few bites, and it was heaven! I'M BACK BABY!!! (as George Costanza would say)

OH, and knitting my ASS off, cranked out 4, count them ONE TWO THREE FOUR, more bumpy schafer knit scarves. 6 days to go till sale day.

Survived big misunderstanding #1, or as I like to refer to it, BM#1 (OK, so I'm a total bathroom humor chic today, can't help it, I'm a dork) with the boyfriend. wooooooooooh boy. Not a big blowup, just both of us feeling cruddy and me being all weepy for a day or two and him not knowing why or what to do. PLUS we were both busy ourselves with work (yes I do occasionally put in a few hours) my class, and soccer schedules from HELL with the kids, playdates, etc. We finally spent a little time together and got everything straightened out. I love this man. He's so freaking gentle and concerned and hot & sexy too. mmmmm mmmmmm boy. PLUS he is fixing up my garage sale freebie cedar chest so I have a good place for my yarn.

I'm off to work, to class, back to work, to read blogs, to knit, to pick up kids......and somehow, I'm thinking a steak burrito bowl or maybe their new chicken salad is calling my name.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...