Friday, September 23, 2005

Slug Bug Wars

I must have been insane. Why oh why don't I think things through before opening my big mouth? Remember playing slug bug? You'd see a volkswagen beetle, yell out "slug bug blue" and punch your little brother in the arm before he could yell out the words and punch you first? Remember if you called a slugbug and hit someone and it wasn't a bug, you got hit twice to make up for it? Good times.

I was driving along with the kids in the car and saw a slug bug and told how we used to do that as kids, and how my little brother Mike was the king of all slug bugs. NOT THINKING VERY CLEARLY, was I? Well, I forgot that back in the late 70's early 80's you only saw one or two vw bugs a day. no big deal. Today in Johnson County, captial of cute vw bugs, we see an average of 24 each and every day, seriously, we started counting. TWENTY FOUR times for kids to hit each other, yell about who saw it first, double hit for retribution and end up in tears and screaming at the top of their lungs. nice move momma. We've had to change the game to hitting the ceiling of the car instead, but there's still a lot of slugging of the brother/sister going on. I'm deciding whether to outlaw the game entirely (which seems very right wing conservative of me, so I really don't wanna do that) or drive them to the vw car lot and let them beat the crap out of each other once and for all.


slug bug green BAM!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...