Monday, February 19, 2007

Moment of glory

NO, I haven't hit the big number to end the bet yet, but I did have an unbelievable time last night. I tried on a skirt I'd bought 3 years ago that still had the tags on it. I'd bought it because it was a suade long straight skirt normally priced $249.99 at Eddie Bauer on their clearance rack for $9.99. It was 3 sizes too small and wouldn't go up past the monster thighs. I bought it "just because". It was a classic style and I actually thought maybe someday my daughter would like it.

I've noticed that the thighs of thunder are now a teensy bit SMALLER!!! Never in my life have my butt or thighs gone down no matter how much weight I've yo-yo-ed on & off. I've always lost in the upper body, but nothing below the waist. I guess everything has its breaking point and I'm winning the battle of the bootie!!! I tried on the skirt, it gently skimmed over me and it freaking FITS! And looks good! For the next hour (it was almost midnight but I was so pumped I couldn't sleep) I tried on every stinking piece of clothing in my closet and my drawers that I'd thought I'd never wear again. EVERY PIECE OF CLOTHING I OWN EITHER FITS OR IS TOO BIG. Unbe-freaking-lievable.

I'm not trying to ramble on and on about all this, but it was a moving experience. I laughed, I cried, I pranced about. Jeff tried to be excited but was lost after about the 4th outfit. I almost called my cousin and woke her ass up so I could get some girlfriend enthusiasm, but she has two small children and a husband who probably wouldn't appreciate the call at 1am. Ah well. I'm still dancing around.

I figured out why this is such a big deal for me. I've never completed ANYTHING my entire life. I did have two children, but let me tell you, 12 hours into the first labor, if there was a way to make it stop and keep her in there, I'd have done that in a heartbeat. I have a way of coming up with a really good excuse (queen of rationalization here) or another "alternative" that lets me get out of following anything through to the end in my life. I really want to see this exercise/weight loss thing through. I think that's why I love knitting so. I get such a feeling of accomplishment in starting a project, making it through the many steps and then COMPLETING it. Each piece is a little happy-happy joy-joy dance for me.

Still knitting away on my lacy top, ordered another ball of purple yarn for the roses for the roses tank, almost done with my daughter's cardigan with ruffled edges, and started a pair of socks for Jeff with some dk weight dark green wool I got from the Studio the other day on sz 3's. I snapped one of my damn sz 1 cute little double-point needles in half the other night. Snapped it like a twig. Actually, a twig would've been thicker, so snapped it like a dpn would be more descriptive. damn. Rosewood too. damn. Ah well. I took that as a sign from above that Jeff is not destined to have sz 1 socks knit for him. I've had bad, bad things happen each time I've started one for him. Size 1's are no problem for my socks, just his cause the troubles. Maybe when he's in one of those obnoxious BOY moods I knit a bit tighter than I should and then SNAP! Life goes on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...