Monday, February 26, 2007

And the bet goes on

First, for those of you not interested in the big bet, or as I now call it, "where I lose my freaking mind and part of the big bootie", here is pure knitting content:



On the left is a nice, boring, dark green sock for Jeff. I pretty much knit the whole damn thing this weekend. I also started sock #2 of it. I think it's Louet superwash merino in a dk weight, but the damn yarn bands disappeared. I got it at the Studio last week. I used sz 3 dpns and a knit 3 purl 1 rib and reinforced the heel with some stuff I got there too, kind of a pain in the butt, but we'll see if it helps on the wearing of the things.

Now to the important stuff...
We've extended the deadline of the bet from March 1st to March 4th since that's the last day Jeff'll be here before heading out for a training trip. Basically, I got my "womanly" stuff going on now and he generously decided to give me a few extra days because he barely lived through "the crazies" last month. Normally I can be a titch crabby with pms. Normally. On low calories, heavy exercise and not much patience, I scare the bejeebies out of everyone around me. Motrin and pamprin never really helped me out. What helps me out is chocolate and beer. Since those aren't high on the list of good things to eat on a serious exercise/bet time, I'm one scary biotch right now. :) Everyone's being V-E-R-Y nice to me lately and I think this is why.

SIX days to go and SEVEN pounds to lose. No worries. I tried some SERIOUS bargaining, but it's all no go. I'm actually very proud of myself as I've hit all the fitness and weight loss goals I set for myself already. I think looking at this as a lifestyle change and not a big ass diet/short term workout thing really helped. I keep having people ask me what meal will you eat first? What foods did you miss the most? Really, I didn't eat crazy stuff. I still ate normal things for the most part, just healthier versions of them. Chicken breasts, steaks, lean hamburger meat, whole grains, veggies, a few tastes of desserts, etc. I also got to really love my workouts. I'm going to continue with my trainer because I love the feel of my new muscles and trim self. I'll cut back on the psycho cardio workouts to normal walks and jogs, and add in beer and chocolate in small doses, but pretty much I don't mind it.

Now, that being said, this week WILL SUCK!!! I have really been using the knitting to help me when I feel hungry, or frustrated or when I feel like screaming, tearing my hair out of my head and running down the middle of the street butt nekkid. Instead of all that, I pull out the yarn and the needles and knit my ass off. I also have knit the entire cuff from the sz 1 sock that I was working on when I snapped the dpn needle in half. I had 3 needles of a longer set and am using 3 7" long's and 2 5.5" long needles and am ready to turn the heel of that one. No worries on the health front, Trainer-Man has frowned upon most of my lose water-weight fast plans. I'm subsisting on a LOT of protein shakes, a LOT of water, some high-energy packed with vitamin B drinks and a TINY BIT of normal food for the next 6 days along with massive amounts of cardio and some sauna-ing thrown in. Depending on how it goes, I may have an appointment for the backwards holistic gin & tonic thing on Thursday afternoon. (tmi, you really don't want to know.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...