Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Two Minute Handspun Necklace

Day #8 on my Wear Your Knits Challenge...


BAM! How 'bout that? I freaking LOVE this idea! You KNOW we've all got some skeins of yarn that are so fabulous they're hard to put down. We carry them about the house, petting them, talking to them, (or is that just me?) loving them but we're not quite ready to knit them yet. Why should such fabulous skeins be stuck in ziplock bags shoved into dark drawers, tubs, shelves? why oh why? They should be WORN! They should be CELEBRATED!

This idea works amazingly for textured art yarn, laceweight skeins, sockyarn, chunky stuff, whatever you've got that you want to show off!

This is 42.5 yards of fabulous 100% silk handspun and gifted to me by my dear friend Teri! It's still deciding what it wants to be when it grows up, maybe a beaded necklace, maybe a lace bookmark or headband. In the meantime, it got to be worn today! I think it's the perfect compliment to my flipped-up collared BRIGHT orange denim jacket. Don't you agree? Now get out there and WEAR a skein of your favorite yarn!

Now, for my non-knitting friends...a Tutorial!






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...