Thursday, April 03, 2008

Glampyre is coming to town! And amazing Yarn Shopping in KC!

OK, I don't know whether I'm more excited to meet this designer whose patterns I freaking ADORE or to get to shop at the vendor market! Holy crapamoly. Anyone in the KC area, come out to the Radisson Hotel at 12601 W 95th Street in Lenexa. It's at I-35 and 95th Street.

The Sunflower Knitters Guild is putting on the Knitting in the Heartland fantabulous event this weekend! Saturday and Sunday, April 5th & 6th. There's still a few spots in some of the classes and they'll take last minute signups. There's also a Knitting 911 going on Saturday afternoon and Sunday morning. If you're registered for classes it's free, otherwise there's a $5 fee. Bring any projects you're having issues with for some great help!

For a class schedule and more info on the event, click on the Knitting in the Heartland link above and get yourself a printout of the brochure. Glampyre is also known as Stefanie Japel, one of my very favoritist designers around. Anyone that's seen me at a knitting event has seen my sleveless turtleneck from her book Fitted Knits, knit out of grey cascade 220. I'm also seen about town in the two-tone fitted shrug from her book, mine made with one tone of teal. I also made a teal shrug for my cousin as a Christmas present that was really hard to give away since hers was made with dream in color yarn. I think I've loved Stefani's designs since I made a couple of the one skein wonders from her website years ago.

The vendor market is going to get a LOT of my $$ this weekend. I've been holding myself back (mostly) at yarn shopping and plan to be a true yarn whore. There's going to be yarn, yarn, and more yarn, spinning stuff, fibers, bags, buttons, sheep cards, (you KNOW I'm leaving there with pictures of sheep people) and other amazing stuff. Click here to see the vendor list with links to their websites!

Stefanie will be signing and selling copies of her book Fitted Knits as well. The vendor market goes from 10am-5:30pm Saturday and 9am to 4pm on Sunday.

Just because I'm so excited about this, I'm going to revisit the pics of my favorite Stefanie Japel creations...





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...