Friday, October 05, 2007

Help! I've cabled and I can't get up!

OK, so I could get up, I just don't seem to be able to walk away from this new project. YES another project. It's fall, my prime time a.d.d. startitis time. It doesn't look like much yet, but I knit almost an entire ball of calmer last night. YES more freaking cotton yarn. This isn't as bad as 100% cotton yarn, but it's still cotton. Damn. I HATE weaving ends on cotton. I don't know why, but it makes me crazy. Pattern is the start of Fifi. There's not that many cables, it's mostly ribbing with some CF4 twisty things every so often. It's absolutely a pattern you have to pay attention to survive, so since the whole gang is here tonight, poor little Fifi will have to wait until next week to get much more done on her. She's being modeled upside down on my feet, so you'll just have to take my word for it, but she's a pretty, pretty little thing. Can't wait to see how this one turns out.



OK, the sign that maybe I need to get out a bit more....I dreamed I was complaining about not knowing how to sew in ends of my calmer so it didn't show so badly (I had to do Jeff's sweater's ends under his arms or on the back and you can SO SO SO see exactly where I did it. rrrrr) to Elizabeth Zimmerman. She pushed her reading glasses down on her nose and took my Fifi and told me "That's why I knit with WOOL, dear." She was just threading a blunt needle to show me how and I woke up. DAMN! Yes, Jeff was traveling last night so I must have fallen asleep while knitting and watching my EZ Knitting Workshop dvd. Too bad I didn't sleep just a few minutes longer, huh?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...