Wednesday, February 01, 2006

OK, so I'm totally cheesing here

OH I'm so excited! A blog reader sent me a link to KnitNet online magazine. I'm gonna have to subscribe ($12/year for 6 issues). You can click to see a sample edition but have to subsribe to get the patterns. My blog is listed on the Newbie Knitters column on Knitting on the Internet for the most recent issue. "Knitting Virgin is the irreverent site of Christine, an enthusiastic knitter and mom."

I like being labeled as irreverent.

I need some tubey help. I'm posting on the KAL site so hopefully someone will come through, but if anyone else has an idea, I'm all ready for it. The first time I went to do the pick up stitches, I ended up with the seam on the outside so pulled that out and picked them up backwards and was ready to go. I joined and started the k3p1 ribbing. I got about an inch done and realized I'm somehow going backwards. Instead of the k3 sticking out and the p1 going backwards as a rib, it has this little skinny row of knits sticking out of the p3 background. It's really really odd. I'm not sure how to fix it, so I just sat there and looked at it. Looking and deep thinking apparently doesn't fix it. cursing didn't help so much either. I'm trying to figure it out. I'm working on a pair of socks with a seed stitch rib. When I knit 3 and purl 1, the knits stick out like they're supposed to. I just don't know what I did. Maybe if I go back and repick up stitches it'll be different...????? who the heck knows.

Somehow I'm knitting backwards, inside out. arrrrrgggghhhhh It's gonna be frog-city soon. wish me luck. Hey, I wanted to learn things and stretch my knit-abilities this year, so guess I'm gonna learn something whether I wanted to or not.

I went down to the sudio (lys) and said "WTH is wrong with me?" (aka what the HECK which is much more appropriate than WTF which I said last time without realizing it and offended the F out of another shopper. I didn't EVEN say the WORD FUXX I actually said "what the F" ah well.. ANYWAY back to the story)...It appears that I am, in fact, an idiot. Mark this tip down as another thing you'd THINK I'd have figured out but didn't...just like the DAK Tip #1-->make sure the ball from the yarn is always attached to the RIGHT hand needle so you don't knit backwards and screw up your sweater. DAK Tip #2 (dumb ass knitter tip #2) --> When picking up stitches, make sure to have the RIGHT side of the piece facing you. Poke your needle in from the right side to the wrong side, not the other way around or your knitting will be backwards. If knitting in the round, it will be insideout and bassackwards.

good to know. Frogged and restarted the body. Much better now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...