Monday, November 28, 2005

gettin kinda nervous around here....

Work, well, let's just say it's a bit skittish right now. I'll sure be glad when Jan 1st gets here and I find out if I'm still employed or not. cripes. No real details, but everything's getting "uncertain" and there's a serious push for that good ol' Dec. 31 end of the year date for EVERYTHING to be completed.... I know, I know, don't worry, be happy. Yeah, right. Well, I've at least got a few people who can help me with the KS unemployment thing if I need it. It's so strange. For so long I was trying to get let go and now I'm holding on with my teeth and nails. (really bad on the cuticles you know.) Ah well. I'm going to go ahead and sign up for FULL TIME classes to get that teaching degree and we'll just see what happens.

Why is the REM song "It's the end of the world as we know it.......It's the end of the world as we know it.....and I feel fine." running through my head? Headbanging to music no one can hear. Why is this wasted on an office with no one in it but bossman? I could be totally freaking out entire cubicles of people. "duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh LEONARD BERNSTEIN!" (ok so I always thought that was LAND EARTH BERNSTEIN" live and learn. lyricosis, you know.)

I finished TWO projects this weekend, so I've got 2 pair of nekkid sticks for 2006! The purse with the never ending handles in DONE, FELTED and drying and the pair of wrist warmers that is now my very favorite knit EVER! Actually I even did another pair as well and completed them too! They're fast and CUTE as heck and quite warm to boot. I'm wearing them as I type right now in the cold basement office.

Totally broke and payday's not until Wednesday. damn. I totally thought it was Tuesday, and that extra day's a bitch. $8 in my pocket and $3.50 in the bank. So much for that whole 6 month's savings in case something happens to your job or finances thing. I hate being poor. It does force one to dig into the stash, though. Koigu shopping for mom's wrist warmer xmas presents put off until next week. I'm ebaying my little heart out, but have nothing of any worth to sell. Oh, there's yarn, but I'm gonna have to get pretty damn hungry before I start selling that!

Lost tooth update, Joey gets to be put on the WALL OF TOOTH at his afternoon care room (kindergarten's only a half day around here). The wall of tooth is apparently a very big deal. He was so excited he couldn't stand it.

OK, that Natalie Dee is just too freaking funny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...