Thursday, June 09, 2005

Who believes in bad signs????

Bad sign #1....when the part-time (aka ONLY OTHER EMPLOYEE) girl shows up to work in the same black pantsuit she interviewed in. The last two weeks she's worn flip-flops, tshirts and casual casual attire..... anyone else thinking HHHHHMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm interview maybe? If so, I just hope she waits to tell them until I'm on the BEACH.

holy poop on a stick (to steal from Stephanie), you just THOUGHT it was getting interesting around here. On that topic, Miss L. called Tuesday night and LOVES her new job. She's got a nice office near the front door and she can see ACTUAL SUNLIGHT through the front window. She said everyone is very nice and she just LOVES it. I was so excited for her. The funniest part was that she said she's looking out for me. I said "sure" but I really don't want to go full time corporate if I don't have to. She said, "But Christine, the lady in accounting is really old..." Let's not go there.

Bad sign #2...Arlene headed for Gulf Coast. How much will this piss me off? Arlene, the bitch, is headed for Florida's Gulf Coast Friday. Christine, the Knitting Virgin, and also a bitch, is headed for Florida's Gulf Coast Sunday. Who will win? I WILL be on a beach, dammit. Hurricane season my ass.

What else? No more sock knitting as the perfectionist-knitress in me cannot stand to have funky toe seams. I'm going to try to sneak over to the Yarn Shop in OP and see if I can't get Terri to see what the FUXX I'm doing wrong. I worked on my Clapotis last night and it's now through the first two sections. I'm to the "repeat rows 1-12 xxx number of times until xxx stitches on the needle" part. It wasn't making sense, but it was also almost midnight and I was sleepy so I'll bring that along tonight to ask about it as well. Does anyone else feel like a total dorky little kid wandering into a LYS with your little bag of stuff all screwed up held out in your hands saying "please, won't somebody help me?" I do it with big sad eyes and a pouty lip for the full helpless effect. I always feel retarded, although I'm not sure of the politically correct term here...pattern deficient? knitting challenged? mentally unstable? whatever, I feel it.

Everyone think happy thoughts that hurricane Arlene gets out of my damn way and doesn't cause any damage. Oh yeah, I guess I should be praying that all the people that LIVE in the path are safe and avoid the storm instead of just wanting me and my little family to have some fun in the sun and sand. oops. Well, we all know I'm a bit self-centered. I'm concerned for them, just also for me. WATCH OUT ARLENE...

UPDATE--> ok, so my little pout is mostly over. Apparently the projected path of the "unorganized tropical storm" is for the very top west part of FL and AL and LA, nowhere near Naples. I'm getting over it. really.

I almost forgot....my storypeople quote of the day...

Is willing to accept that she creates her own reality except for some of the parts where she can't help but wonder what the hell she was thinking
--www.storypeople.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...