Sunday, February 06, 2005

A hat, a hat, now what do you think of that?

Ok, so I've read a few too many Dr. Seuss books this weekend, I sincerely apologize. I've been rhyming in my head all freaking day long. I've also cussed in my head, so it's been a bit unusual in there.

ANYWAY, this is what I did with the yarn I picked up at the Yarn Store Thursday night!!!! I am not entirely happy as the pattern I followed had the crown of this a bit bumpy, but it's my first hat and I'm all excited as it was FAST and FUN and I am loving this felted adventure. I think I'll do a bucket hat next. I'm trying to find some easy fast yet classic-looking patterns so I can make some extra for the show in Sept. Plus, I think I need a bucket hat. yup.

Before......


After......


Modeled by the chic with LOUSY hair and a BAD no-makeup face day.....


YEAH!! It's just like magic, my kids are already thinking I'm a dork as I keep saying, here, come & look, can you believe it???? at each stage of the felting game. I have a very gentle washing machine, so my felting adventures take me about 4 cycles at least, so it's an all day adventure, but I love it. Ok, I am a dork.

Weekend was so nice, Friday night the kids had a "sleep-over" in Beth's room. She's got a bunk bed with a double on the bottom and a twin up top. I thought Joey'd sleep on the bottom and Beth would sleep up top. Nope, I went in to tuck them in and heard all this giggling from the top bunk. They and 24 of their stuffed animals were arranged in the skinny little bed, so excited it was a crack-up. This lasted until about 3am when Joey kept waking up because his sister would roll over and smack him with an arm or leg, so after going in 3 times, I climbed up and dragged his butt out of bed and tossed him down below. They woke up, got dry cereal (Joey can have it without pills) and then played until 10:00am, TEN O'FREAKING CLOCK in the morning. It was heaven. I slept in, I got up to let the dog out, check on the munchkins, and slept some more. Then I laid around reading and I'm telling you, this was amazing. Normally EVERY STINKING WEEKEND morning I am out of bed by 6:15 or for a "late morning" 6:30-6:45. I am NOT a morning person and I enjoyed every moment of my lazy Sat. morning.

Sat. night I went out on the town with Mark & Russell and we went to hear a friend sing at the LeatherBoi competition at the Dixie Bell downtown. I've been to the casual gay bars before, no biggie, but this was a bit of an eye opener. There were more pretty men there than I'd seen in Kansas City in all my years. It was like a giant Abercrombie & Fitch ad. There were quite a few biker-looking guys as well and a few ladies. I even ended up with a phone number, I said, Oh, I'm sorry, I'm straight and just out for a few drinks with my friends and she said "I'm sorry you're straight too". All in all, very sweet and also good for the ego, as I've felt very NOT CUTE lately, so it was flattering. [Edit note--I was informed that I left out the best part of this story...The girl told me I was "a vision" and I was all "I'm so hot, even the CHICS want me!" And then she told me not to be offended if I call and she doesn't remember me, as she's had over 12 beers...and Mark told me I was her "double vision". Smartass. I said, I'm a vision and I'm proud of it dammit.] The funniest guy there was wearing a black leather pleated miniskirt (he called it a kilt, but oh lord, it was a girl's skirt) with NOTHING on below, and when the boi twirled, we all got a show. The outfit was set off by a bright orange mohawk. I was looking quite stylish in my normal bar-attire of eddie bauer jeans, heels, white button down shirt. MY GOD, I'm so stuck in suburban conservative clothes land, it's sad. I've got to get inspired to start knitting some cool trendy little sweaters and lose some weight in my legs so I can wear something besides loose fit EB jeans. I tried to go jeans shopping at the Great Plains mall, and was thoroughly disgusted and gave up. Now I have ONE pair of jeans with no holes in them that are appropriate for work and my 2nd best pair have a hole in one knee and the cuffs cut off with raggedy edges. I'm either going to have to get running again or start dressing up and wearing skirts every day. dammit. But hey, I've got a cute hat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...