Wednesday, August 11, 2004

Wednesday, August 11, 2004

"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap."
--Dolly Parton

High Points of the day:

#1 --> saw a guy PEE outdoors this morning, that'll wake you up. Running late, I thought I'd head to Santa Fe exit to bypass all the congestion on 119th, then got stuck waiting for a train. Sat there, be-bopping to the kids' Shrek 2 cd (yes, I'm a geek, can't help it) and watched a guy 2 cars back of me get out, walk to the trees and whip it out to pee. I'm looking around, and no one else notices the guy. I thought I was hallucinating, but then figured if I was, he'd be better equipped.

#2 --> the roly polies are all scared of the mighty bug-squishing woman, haven't seen any so far.

#3 --> I'm all officially registered for my ladies classic professional bowling tournament the weekend of Aug. 20th out in Gladstone, MO! Woo Hoo, now I've got to get BUSY practicing and get the new balls drilled & worked out. My little workout sessions have actually paid off here. Not only can I now wear the skirts I used to bowl in, but also have all this stamina and energy and am not worn out after 4 games. I've got 9 games qualifying on Sat. Last year I was in the money until about the 6th game, got tired and TANKED. This year I'm out for blood, baby. (I SAID I was a geek, ok?)

#4 --> I'm not this guy. I guess losing 20 pounds is a lot easier than 800 pounds. How sad is that that AFTER losing 321 pounds, you still can't turn over in bed by yourself??? How sad is it that now I'm hungry for a bag of oreos?

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/08/11/half.ton.man.ap/index.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...